Another item completed off my 101 list!! #18: make my own piece of home decor. So I made a french memo board to clean up some of the clutter from the refrigerator and it just looks cuter! They are super easy to make. I wish I had taken picture of the process, but I forgot I had this on my list! There are lots of ways to make them, but I’ll share how I did!
-an old bulletin board
-quilting batting (amount will depend on size of board)
-cotton fabric (amount will depend on size of board)
-ribbon (size will depend on size of board)
-push pin picture hangers
1. Cover the bulletin board with quilt batting. For this one I did 3 layers, but it depends on how plushy you want the board. Wrap it around the board like a gift and use the staple gun to staple the ends to the back of the board.
2. Cover the batting/board with your choice of fabric. Wrap it around like a gift and staple the ends to the back.
3. Cut strips of ribbon and lay on the board however wide you want them apart. I use straight pins to position ribbon before securing it. Leave enough to wrap the end around to the back, and staple the end to the back of the board. Staple all ribbon ends.
4. On the front of the board, put a staple where the ribbons criss-cross each other.
5. Using the hot glue gun, glue a button to cover each staple of the front of the board where the ribbons criss-cross.
6. Put push pin hangers on the back of the board and hang!
*If you notice I am missing some buttons….I bought all that JoAnn had but it wasn’t enough, so I have to wait for them to get more in to finish!