This was my last chance to make a Thanksgiving decor item for my 30 before 30 list (my time will be up before next Thanksgiving). Unfortunately, I did not think of this before leaving on my recent trip. We returned after Halloween, and word to the wise, if you need any kind of fall decor get it before Halloween. Because as soon as we hit Halloween the stores pack in the Christmas. I literally could not find anything fall-related at any stores. Luckily, I had some stuff at home, some of what I needed is not necessarily seasonal, and luckily I have free 2-day shipping on Amazon to get what other items I needed. I didn’t want to do anything complicated and I kind of made up this candle center piece. I twas very simple and only took about 30 minutes to make! It works best on a small table – or you can make a larger one for a larger table!
Simple Thanksgiving Centerpiece What you need:
- candle – whatever size/color you want
- glass jar or vase – size depends on the candle
- burlap ribbon (I had the wired kind already)
- indian corn nibblers (or full size if needed)
- raffia ribbon (I used this because I already had it, but liked the look)
- hot glue gun
- Glue the burlap ribbon to the glass. This size of the burlap perfectly matched the size of the jar luckily. I just glued the end together and to the glass. Let cool a couple minutes.
- Glue each corn piece to the burlap. Hold each one on a couple minutes until glue has cooled.
- Tie raffia ribbon around the top of the jar above the corn.
- Place candle in jar!