As I said in my last weekly update, I’m relying on my crock pot a lot for the rest of my Whole30 – and luckily I had some friends share some recipes with me! This one was delicious but it makes a TON. My crock pot was filled to the brim and narrowly missed spilling over. So you could easily half it – unless you’re feeding an army – and still have plenty! Freezing is also a good option for this one, which I did to save for later! If you’re not doing the Whole30, this would be amazing with some shredded mozzarella and/or parmesan sprinkled on top of each serving.
I did do a little prep the night before to make it quicker to dump everything in before heading out the door the next morning. Chop the onion, mix the spices, and just gather everything you need.
Creamy Chicken Tomato Soup
- 8 frozen (or thawed) boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 5 very large ones and it was plenty of chicken)
- 2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 14 oz. cans of coconut milk (full fat; shake before opening)
- 2 14 oz. cans diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1/2 jar of your favorite tomato sauce (I used Publix Basil & Tomato pasta sauce – for Whole30 just read the labels for added sugar, cheese, etc! Or it may mean actual tomato sauce, but that doesn’t come in a jar, so that was confusing)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Non-Whole30 option: cheese!
Place chicken in bottom of crock pot and dump everything else on top. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
After cooked, stir/use two forks to break up the chicken. I think it’s easier to season each serving with salt/pepper since the crock pot .
Option to sprinkle each serving with a little shredded mozzarella cheese if you’re not restricted 🙂
*This makes a ton. My crock pot was filled to the brim so you could easily half the recipe and still probably feed 4 people. Or make the whole recipe and freeze some!