This is a delicious recipe that my sister-in-law made for us and shared with me. Plus it’s quick and healthy! We love asian food and this is a great way to make some at home. Add some rice and some frozen wontons from Costco and it’s a perfect meal! We made one recipe and it fed 2 of us for 2 nights (so 4 servings). We’ll double it next time so we can stretch it a little longer and for some lunches. See some steps here and get the full recipe below. Enjoy!
Gather your ingredients and do some prep (chopping onion) because none of the steps take long. Please excuse the haphazard ingredient pics!
First sauté the onions and garlic. My husband doesn’t like the white part of green onions, so we left those out but I love them. Just a personal preference!
Add the pork, ginger, salt, pepper, and Sriracha. We used the full tablespoon of Sriracha and it definitely had a kick to it. If you’re afraid of spice, you may want to cut back the first time you make it until you figure out how much you want (if any). Sauté until pork is cooked.
Add the coleslaw mix, soy sauce, and rice vinegar. Sauté until coleslaw is tender.
Serve topped with green onion and sesame seeds if you have it. We didn’t have sesame seeds and I don’t think we lost anything.
Pork Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 C onion, diced
- 5 green onions, sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha
- 14 oz. bag coleslaw mix
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Heat sesame oil in large skillet on medium heat.
- Add garlic, onions, and white part of the green onions. Sauté until onions are translucent and tender.
- Add ground pork, ground ginger, sea salt, black pepper, and Sriracha. Sauté until pork is cooked.
- Add coleslaw mix, soy sauce, and rice vinegar. Sauté until coleslaw is tender.
- Serve, topping with green onion and sesame seeds.
Find the original recipe here: Peace, Love, & Low Carb