My last Guatemala-related post is a simple list of the things I learned, both our scheduled week and the extra week stranded.
- It may rain or it may not rain
- I could eat fried plantains every day
- There are plenty muscles in my body that are never used
- 10 people are not made to spend 14 days together (no offense to anyone on the trip, I love you all!)
- I only thought I hated my bed at home
- I actually miss salad when I’m not allowed to eat it
- I love cooking and miss it when I can’t cook
- I take simple things for granted: drinkable water from a faucet, flushing toilet paper, my heating pad, always having a phone
- Never fly American Airlines
- I am so lucky to have my wonderful family and friends, and to live such a comfortable life
I love Guatemala. I have been 3 times and hope to go again. Although it was a little stressful and annoying to be stuck for an extra week, it was a great time.