Don’t lie – you still listen to this album every Christmas. And it brings a smile to your face. Oh it’s just me? Ok. I don’t care because I love it. Also, the video is SO ’90s and I love it.
I love Christmas music. Though I refuse to turn it on before Thanksgiving, it plays nonstop from the day after Thanksgiving through Christmas Day (including while running). I noticed in my car the other day that there were some songs that came up a lot – obviously each a different artist. And since I’m now done with school for 5 weeks and there is a little nerd hidden within me, I’m going to do a little analysis on my Christmas tunes.
Most Versions of a Song
- The Christmas Song – 8 versions – favorite cover by Ray Charles
- I’ll Be Home for Christmas – 8 versions – favorite cover by Holly Conlan
- Blue Christmas – 6 versions – favorite cover by Drew Holcomb & the Neighbors
- Silent Night – 6 versions – favorite covers by Josh Groban and Sarah McLachlan (couldn’t pick one)
- Sleigh Ride – 6 versions – favorite cover by Boston Pops (though the Fun. cover is a great modern cover)
This was a simple analysis and although there were many weaknesses to my methods, the main finding remains that I love Christmas music, new and old. The classics are always great, but I may be slightly biased towards modern artists putting twists on the classics. I can only hope that everyone enjoys theirs holiday tunes as much as I do.